[WT-support] Notes after RDXC

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Mar 26 13:41:14 CEST 2007

Hi Zoli

Zoli Pitman HA1AG a écrit :

> - R0Q region is renamed to YA (from SH).

Noted.

> - Some newer Russian prefixes were not recognised. I checked them all
> last year after RDXC. If Olivier/Laurent emailed me the list I could
> check agn if anything is missing (I did not note which were not
> recognised during the contest)

The current list is available here :

http://download.win-test.com/files/country/CTY_OBL.DAT

It includes the modifications you did last year. Please feel free to
send me newer updates if needed, PRIVATELY. Thanks in anticipation.

> - It would be nice if WT properly export the oblast info of the
> Russians to the STATE ADIF field (not only to the SRX ADIF field) for
> the logging SW.

Actually, AFAIK, the STATE field is supposed to be reserved to the US
state (http://www.hosenose.com/adif/adif.html). I know some loggers use
the "PROVINCE" field for other countries areas (which is not even
mentionned in this specification !). To be honest, I think the easiest
way to manage this is to edit the export file yourself to comply your
your own logger or your own taste. I heard that, someday, XDIF
(http://xdif.org/) should help ;-) Yes, I know, one more format...

> - It would be nice not to have that coded francophon keyboard def. It is
> a PIA to remap keys on all the PC's used for WT.

Mmmhhh... It you could see our own (french) keyboards remappings, you
would be very surprised too (for exemple, on french keyboards, you have
to use Shift to reach the numbers of the first row !) ! Good point, you
only need to do it once ;-)

Tnx for your report.