[WT-support] Self spotting is not allowed! I know, but....

Bob I.2.WIJ i2wij at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 10:25:13 CEST 2007

Hi all,

as I write in the subject,
Self spotting is not allowed! I know, but....

why this is considered self spotting?
I prepared this spot:

DX 5D5A 14197.0 qsl via I2WIJ

I was trying to answer a question somebody made on
the cluster few minutes before,
but I have been fired off by WT!!!

Moreover, WT alerts you, that Self-Spotting is
strongly discouraged by contesting ethics,
(and I agree) and then Close down!!!
Isn't it a too heavy punishement for something
which is not even wrong???

Authors....what do you answer??

That really was my only WT problem over the weekend.

73
Bob, I2WIJ

P.S. I will put the notice on the manual later,
so the "mass" (??) can be aware of.

P.S.2
Larry and Olivier, can we make a survey, on how
many WT users read the manual?
Looking at some very basic questions which are
posed on this list, I would say they are -few-.