[WT-support] Registration v2 to v3

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Mar 19 00:51:29 CET 2007

Hi Eugeni

EA3QP - Eugeni a écrit :

> 1) Can I use this computer with DX-telnet, and share the cluster thorugh
> the WT network, without Win-test 3 installed.

If I understand correctly, and according to your other post, this
computer will act as an "access point" to the DX cluster with a packet
radio setup (ie with a TNC etc.) attached.

If so, unfortunately, the involved WTs on a network *must* have the same
version. Even if WT only acts as a packet radio data gateway. The
version of each WT is checked at log opening, and if the WT version do
not match with the others, the network is disabled for this WT.

> 2) If the answer to 1) is NO. I've, here at home, the Computer Code for
> version 2 for this desktop, Can I use this computer code to ask for
> validation code for version 3  (so is the same), in order to install WT
> the next friday just before the contest?.

Yes, you can, but you must be sure of your computer code ;-)