[WT-support] Packet via telnet question

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Wed Mar 14 03:52:09 CET 2007

Jeff .... there are two separate items that must be configured to use
wtDXtelnet with WinTest.

wtDXTelnet itself
OPTIONS-->DXCluster properties
  Configure the connection to W3LPL
OPTIONS-->WinTest Network Properties
  Configure the Broadcast Address
  UNCHECK "Disable Communications with Win-Test"

And Win-Test itself
OPTIONS-->CONFIGURE INTERFACES
  CHECK "Enable Ethernet Network"
  Configure Broadcast Address
  Port Number should match Port Number in wtDXTelnet configuration

The "Broadcast Address" must be compatible with the Sub-Net Used by your
Router.  Win-Test, as "shipped" is compatible with Routers that use the
192.168.1.x Sub-Net.  Yours may be different.  Also, you may find it
necessary to use 127.255.255.255.

73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX