[WT-support] RDXC bugs

Rudolf Schwenger rudolf.schwenger at t-online.de
Fri Mar 9 06:25:05 CET 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Jelen" <Matthias.Jelen at gmx.de>
To: <support at win-test.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: [WT-support] RDXC bugs

> Hi Rudi and All,
>
>> (1) If I change bands by clicking the up resp. down arrows in WT, version
>> 3.8.6,  the numbering of my QSOs starts with 001 again, i.e. each band is
>> counted seperately in WT. I do not find anything to that extent in the
>> rules. It should be consecutive numbering all the way, irrespective of
>> mode and band.
>

> Having separate numbers by band is OK for M/S and M/2. I think it makes
> life a lot easier, because it minimizes the risk of giving out a serial
> number twice.
>
> From the rules:
>
> *6.1.1* MOST (Multi Op, All Bands, Single transmitter)can use separate
> serial numbers for each band or chronological serial numbers.
>
> *6.1.2* MO2T (Multi Op, Two transmitters) MO2T (Multi Op, Two
> transmitters) can use either separate serial numbers for each band or
> separate serial numbers for each transmitter. Each QSO in the submitted
> log must have transmitter identifier.
>
> 73 and hope to see you in RDXC,
>
> Matthias, DK4YJ
>
> _

Hi Matthias,

admittedly, I only consulted the German translation by DL5KUA of the RDXC
rules for the 2007 contest. My understanding of that translation is clearly
"consecutive numbering starting with 001".

However, you are right: the English translation by a RA9 stn gives you the
option of either consecutive numbering or numbering per band.

Obviously, anything goes....

Thanks for drawing my attention to the English translation and sorry for the
inconveniance caused to the WT Development team by my "apparently false bug
report".

vy 73 de Rudy, DJ3WE