[WT-support] RDXC bugs

Rudolf Schwenger rudolf.schwenger at t-online.de
Thu Mar 8 12:59:46 CET 2007

Dear WT-Development-Team,

when preparing for the Russian DX Contest (RDXC) on 17/18 March in the MOST-Class (Multi-OP, single TRX) I ran into two shortcomings / bugs, namely

(1) If I change bands by clicking the up resp. down arrows in WT, version 3.8.6,  the numbering of my QSOs starts with 001 again, i.e. each band is counted seperately in WT. I do not find anything to that extent in the rules. It should be consecutive numbering all the way, irrespective of mode and band.

(2) In the multi-op class the rules stipulate a 10-minute rule, i.e. you have to spend at least 10 minutes on each band unless, of course, you changed bands just for working one or more new multipliers. I can observe something like a reminder of a 10-minutes-rule at the bottom of the band map; but actually that counter seems to start all over again each time you enter a new QSO irrespective of whether it's a new multiplier or just another QSO. So, that doesn't help.

What would be needed is a clear indication of whether a qso would be a valid qso according to the 10-minutes rule or not; i.e. for example: QSO-entry flashing, if the qso violates the 10-minutes rule, or a red bar, if you are within the 10 minutes stretch and a green bar, if you are free to change bands for other purposes than just working a new multiplier.

Thanks for looking into this. It would be great if you could fix this before the contest!

vy 73 de Rudy, DJ3WE