[WT-support] Russian DX Contest (question & bug)

Bob I.2.WIJ i2wij at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 11:57:26 CET 2007

Hi Larry,

let me first tell you that is a sort of problem we
can happily live with, but, with all the due respect,

THERE IS PROBLEM!

>> Log this:
>> AA1B 001
>> Summary now is:  QSO 1; PTS 5; AVG 5.
>>
>> Now log again the same station, which is DUPE
>> Summary now is:  QSO 2; PTS 5; AVG. 2.5
>
>So, everything is OK...
>
>You made 2 QSO (in which one dupe, not displayed -
>see my previous
>post), and you got 5 pts for these 2 QSO. Thus, the
>average is 2.5 pts
>per QSO... Nothing wrong here. All pts calculations
>in WT are done this way.

DO the same with CW or PHONE mode only (not MIXED)
and you will see the difference.

Average should be calculated only taking into
account valid qsos, so neither invalid nor dupe
should be counted for,
and this is done for single mode RDXC, as
well for other contest...I hope!!!

But when you have 500 qsos and 3 dupes you can hardly
see the difference!

And I repeat, this has a very low priority,
or no priority at all, I told
it just to make WT even more bug-free.

73
Bob, I2WIJ