[WT-support] Dxpedition Mode

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Sat Jun 30 12:03:14 CEST 2007

Hi Guys

Following on from our chat at Friedrichshafen about the DXpedition mode and your subsequent email to Roger and Nigel, Roger has asked me to pick this up with you.

We realise this is low priority, so don't bust a gut over it, its a nice-to-have at some stage.

1. The identification of dupes in the summary table entry is definitely required.
2. An indication of the QSO being a DUPE at the time of working is very useful.
3. The DUPE indicator at the end of the line would be a bonus - then there is a visible reminder, after the QSO is worked, that it was a dupe.

Hope that's OK. Many thanks

John G4IRN.

=======================
> I just have a look on your request abt dupes in DXPed mode of Win-Test.
>
> Today, it displays a red warning message under the log, when you enter a
> callsign which has been already worked. Of course, this warning is cleared
> once the QSO is entered, to not confuse the user for his next Q.
>
> Would the addition of a dupes count in the summary wnd (Alt-S) - one total
> column to not clutter this wnd - be enough for you ? Of course, this data
> will be also available in the summary file, and the copied text of this
> wnd. Or do you also need an indicator ("DUPE" ?) at the end of the log
> lines ?
>
> Awaiting your comments
Is it correct that the HF Dxpedition mode does not identify dupes in the log? Also the summary table does not count the dupes.
I think it may be preferable if the program could identify dupes as they are logged and also reflect them in the totals. Is this possible please?