[WT-support] Loss of coms between PC and transceiver

Derek Cox g3khz at derekcox.plus.com
Mon Jun 18 16:37:02 CEST 2007

I put the following message on the reflector last Thursday.

I have a problem maintaining coms between the PC and transceiver.

Win-test communicates with the transceiver for an hour or so then stops.
I am using XP pro on a Dell Latitude.  The problem is the same whether I
use an IC-706Mk2g or an FT-1000.  I have tried all combinations of com
port settings such as baud rate, DTR, RTS, stop bits etc.  This has
nothing to do with RF interference.  The problem occurs when the rig is
left on receive.  Has anyone seen and rectified this problem?

Joe, DF7TH kindly replied and gave me a few useful suggestions.  The one
that worked for me was to use the USB port instead of the serial port.
I fitted a USB to RS232 converter from www.cablsstar.co.uk
<http://www.cablsstar.co.uk/>  for £3.95 + P&P and my problem was
solved.

Hope this may help someone!