[WT-support] loss of coms between PC and transceiver

Derek Cox g3khz at derekcox.plus.com
Thu Jun 7 02:44:38 CEST 2007

I have a problem maintaining coms between the PC and transceiver.

Win-test communicates with the transceiver for an hour or so then stops.
I am using XP pro on a Dell Latitude.  The problem is the same whether I
use an IC-706Mk2g or an FT-1000.  I have tried all combinations of com
port settings such as baud rate, DTR, RTS, stop bits etc.  This has
nothing to do with RF interference.  The problem occurs when the rig is
left on receive.  Has anyone seen and rectified this problem?

73 Derek G3KHZ