[WT-support] Band Map Focus in dual receive mode - question

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 21:58:57 CEST 2007

This year on NFD at G7EAR/p we used an FT-2000 with two networked laptops running WT v3.11.

Laptop 'A' was connected to the FT-2000 via the CAT interface and all worked well except for one thing, which I suspect might be a 'working as designed' thing.

We were using 2 op 1 radio mode i.e. the main receiver and sub receiver were both active (the stereo audio output was put through a splitter, one Rx VFO to each op). The active Tx was mainly on the main VFO. (VFOa)

With this setup, WT on Laptop 'A' put the focus on VFOb. If I clicked on VFOa on the band map, it switched off the sub receiver.

With the transceiver in dual receive mode, the way it worked made it impossible for the operator on VFOa to monitor the bandmap for VFOa whilst tuning up and down the band (to see the freq of previous QSO's) and also impossible to add spots (Ctrl Enter) for working later. Is it possible to set this up some how?

As I say, I suspect this is working as designed but I wondered if there is a way to configure what I really wanted?

Thanks

John
G4IRN.