[WT-support] Issues from WPX: CR and Worked Prefixes

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com
Sat Jun 2 14:26:03 CEST 2007

Again we used WT in 4 computer network in M/2 at ES5Q this time. Worked flawlessly exept we had 1 QSO differences in computers after 5500 QSOs, I guess somebody just deleted some QSOs..

Relfections:

1. We missed the $NRMINUS1 and $NRPLUS1 commands so much!! You said last year that it should be possible to introduce. I really hope we will get there. It seems so easy to me to do but would be HUGE benefit!! PLEASE!!:))

2. Again missing more CW Standard messages or Shortcuts to Additional Messages. In Multi Op we would like to set message for QSY Request for example etc but no space. You said last year: " I'll see if it is possible to use CTRL+NUM keys or ALT+NUM keys for that. If it is possible, it will then possible to redefine these keys by yourself." So we are hoping for any solution! My first preference would be to remove F8-F10 and replace with messages. Why do we need to have those precious keys for switching windows? Almost never used in contest.

3. Shortcuts for AUTOSEND and AUTOCQ. Especially AUTOSEND. When RUN station goes to work a spotted multiplier he has to switch AUTOSEND OFF. It is awfully difficult to go to the menu OPTIONS->CW->AUTOSENDING....etc. VERY CUMBERSOME! For guys who do not know WT it is huge burden to go around in menus trying to find it. Also AUTOCQ needs to be switched in and out quite often and it is difficult to start looking again for the mouse which has hidden itself somewhere under the amplifier to switch AUTOCQ while having huge pile-up at a time:)

So I take the courage to recommend one more time to establish Shortcuts CTRL-C for AUTOCQ ON/OFF and CTRL-V for AUTOSEND ON/OFF. It would be VERY VERY APPRECIATED!

4. You proposed and also modified the AUTO SEND so that if "/" is typed the counter for autosend starts again. There are some mistakes in this logic. If the "/" is among the first 3 characters then it works OK and the counter starts again "/" being the first and AUTOSEND is triggered after the 3rd (does not take into account if 3 or 4 are chosen in the menu). But when the "/" is 4th character (e.g. VU7/ES5TV) then it still starts sending immidiately after entering "/". To be quite honest the easiest way would still be not to reset the counter but to terminate AUTOSEND completely for that QSO. If this is possible of course. Alternative is to fix the code as it is now to start the counter again (according to the selection in the menu, either 3 or 4) and would be good to count the character following "/" as first not "/" itself as first.

5. Last thing I mention again is the option to fill the callsign field automatically when tuning on station in the bandmap. I bring it up again as it is quite sad to watch operators doing S&P and wasting a lot of time coping the callsigns of stations in bandmap again and again because they don't follow the RADIO1 window and the spots turning yellow as they tune on them. It is difficult to look at it constantly if you are not used. Filling the callsing window automatically (doing automatic CTRL-SPACE) would be thus very helpful and would reduce S&P time considerably.

So, I brought those issues out again and I have to answer to operators in my station every contest if there is any chance to get solutions for the first three especially and I promise them to try again and again in WT reflector. So I am doing it now:))

Look forward to your comments.

73
Tonno
ES5TV

P.S. After WPX SSB I commented that $CR is not working in SSB scenarios - I figured out that I need to have SO2R Advanced mode activated even in Multi Op mode to be able to use it.