[WT-support] QSK CW - PTT

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jul 31 20:47:53 CEST 2007

On 7/31/07, Larry Schimelpfenig <larryk7sv at comcast.net> wrote:

> I like using QSK for my low power cw contesting from the home qth. In
> Win-Test when I select cw using the parallel port, it is tied to selecting
> PTT on the parallel port as well. There appears to be no way of selecting
> one but not the other. The problem of course is when I use function keys
> on
> the computer to send cw, PTT is asserted as well, so no QSK. Short of
> putting a switch in the parallel cable is there any way to defeat PTT when
> operating CW?

I also like QSK CW, and I agree with Larry that it would be nice if Win-Test
would make the PTT pin a separate check box.

See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Printer_Ports

Today it says:

_x_ CW and PTT (pin 17 and 16)

Ideally, for mixed mode contests, some would want PTT disabled on CW (for
QSK), but PTT active on phone and other modes (for the internal voice
keyer).

So, perhaps it could be a sub-option, like this

_x_ CW (pin 17)
_x_ PTT (pin 16)
    ___ CW
    _x_ SSB / RTTY