[WT-support] Switching different antennas on a same band

HRS I4UFH i4ufh at hamradiosolutions.com
Sun Jul 29 22:30:46 CEST 2007

Is there a way to assign a macro to any key instead of redifine a key ? or
better is there any plans for the future ?

I am still thinking about the antenna switch, and I think that with macro
assign to a key and a new set of macro that can set or reset pins over an
output port, can partially overcome my previous request of antenna
switching.

With new macros it could be easy also to add the automatic function too ...

I am available to test and debug this kind of approach if is take care ...

73 de Fabio I4UFH

----
Well I still think that have also the antenna switch available on the
keyboard allow you to don't loose concentration during a pile up, I admit
that using a double key as SHIFT 0-9 coulf not be the short way, but using
the numeric keypad from 1 to 9 that mimic the direction of the antenna 8 =
North,2 =  South, 4 = West,6= East, and 0 to switch in "Auto Mode" could not
be a ad idea.

Most of us have a good typewriting, and numbers are typed from the topline
of keys on the main keyboard ( not same in France if I remember well ! ) and
the keypad is useful at leat for the INS or + keys, the numeric keypad is
always under the right hand in few ms, easy to remember easy to do,switching
the antenna with the keypad could be a breeze..

About automatic selection, well I am waiting your answer about the issue of
partial call, the same one discussed in Germany with Oliver, there are
simple tricks that can be used, simply switch the right antenna only when
you are sure of the call, this means at least with aknowledge of the Country
AND a valid prefix this means if I am beaming US and "Japan Alpha" call me
WT don't switch the antenna because a valid prefix has not been aknowledged
( JA without a number is most of the time a not valid PFX if you don't add
the mumber 0 for fulling the prefix ), so you still beaming US and work
K4JA. But if you type JA4, well the antenna switch in the JA direction.
Obviously there will be a sort of ecceptions in this logic that cannot be
added and so the manual overriding is needed ( easy with keypdad  choice the
antenna, managing you pileup of JA's and that back to "auto mode" pressing
0, for example ) but most of the time at least 85/90% an automatic system is
great !!