[WT-support] Wintest faults observed in IARU

Zoli Pitman HA1AG ha1ag at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 22:01:52 CEST 2007

Hello,

At HG6N we used WT 3.11 during the IARU and found the following bugs and annoyances:

1, I already reported this, but it was not commented.. The ITU Zone guessing of WT is very bad. It is suggesting incorrect zones for countries with multiple zones. (if it is not unambiguous from the call, rather don't suggest anything). UA9-0, VK, PY,  BY, YB just to name a few..

2,  The M/S QSY times counts with band changes only and ignores MODE changes. For M/S in IARU Band and  Mode can only be changed 10mins after the first QSO on a given Band/Mode (Same in RDXC MO iirc).

3, It seems that the band change timer takes the 2nd last QSO and not the last. (maybe it is not fully correct, but Timer for Run is not correct)

4, In the DX-cluster announcement window the spots from the other mode often overpopulate the window (if u let non-mults passing through) while these may not be worked.

I don't know if any other M/S used WT in IARU but these really ruined our WT experience. I wholeheartedly agree with ZL1CT's comments from a few days ago.

73 !

zoli ha1ag