[WT-support] FT2000 Load station into VFO B

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Thu Jul 26 11:33:34 CEST 2007

Hi -

> I'm guessing from the lack of response that the FT2K rig control isn't a
> priority fix.  Please can I have an reply to confirm that these issues
> will be looked at/fixed at some point soon.

Please don't blame us for the lack of response, we do our best but we
cannot always reply to every questions especially when the answer
already exists somewhere otherwise we won't be able to develop anything
anymore.

Indeed, the "Pass frequency to Sub VFO" is only available to the FT-1000
owners as stated in the win-test release notes (see below).

I don't know if the FT2k protocol can support that feature. If yes, we
can consider to get this feature available for that radio as well. For
this feature, one needs to be able to program both VFO independently
(without having to active the one one wants to reach to) which is not
possible with bulk of the radios. Please tell me.

--- 8< --- [selection of the release notes]
2.30.1 (May 1st, 2006)

- Bugfix: F5 CW message was not interrupted using Escape when CW was
   generated by the WT internal morse keyer. Fixed. Tks DL6RAI.

- Bugfix : IOTA contest : The exchange entry field in the contest
   settings dialog was disabled. Tnx CT1DRB.

2.30.0

- Added "Pass frequency to SUB VFO" right click option in the bandmap.
   Works only with FT-1000-MP for now.

- Bugfix: "band" and "power" information of the CATEGORY field of an
   imported Cabrillo file are now optionals for the MULTI-*
   categories. WT will assume that band is "ALL" and power is "HIGH"
   if these informations are missing. Tks M0CLW.

- Bugfix: Related only to the DXPedition mode: when setting another
   key than SPACE for switching to INFO field (e.g. TAB), one still
   cannot use a SPACE caracter as part of the INFO message
   (e.g. "OP JOHN"). As soon as SPACE is typed, cursor switches back
   to CALLSIGN field. Fixed. Tks F5JSD.

- FM is now allowed in DXPed logs, HF and VHF. Tnx DJ5MW.

- Mode is now displayed in the VHF DXPed log.

- Local and full announcements are now displayed in the gab window
   (Alt-G) if the text contains your callsign.

- CQWW WPX : The offtime lines of the Cabrillo files are now removed.
   Tnx F5CQ.

- EU Sprint : The default CW messages are now compliant with the rules.
   Tnx F5CQ.

- Bugfix : In VHF DXPed, bands higher than 5700 were not displayed in
   the summary wnd (Alt-S).

Olivier / f5mzn