[WT-support] WAE CW: QTCs/SO2R issue

Bob I.2.WIJ i2wij at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 09:42:11 CEST 2007

Hi Matt,

>2) Just a minor issue. Is there a way to redifine
> messages into Alt-L (QTC
>window)?? Is there a way to assign a short cut key
> to "Validate" (lack of it
>actually) into Alt-L window??

I will answer to your point 2 questions.

Take a look at WT.INI file.
There is a [QTC] section, and should look like this:
[QTC]
CwRx QTC=QTC?
CwRx QRV=QRV
CwRx TIME=TIME?
CwRx CL=CL?
CwRx NR=NR?
CwRx AGN=AGN
CwRx QSL gr/nr=QSL $GRNR
CwTx QSL ALL=I2WIJ
CwRx CR=R
CwRx TU=TU
QRV=QRV?
CwTx TU=TU

In fact this is already modified by me,
at the QSL ALL line.
The lines correspond to Fx keys like this:
F1=CwRx QTC=QTC?
F2=CwRx QRV=QRV
F4=CwRx TIME=TIME?
F5=CwRx CL=CL?
F6=CwRx NR=NR?
F7=CwRx AGN=AGN
F9=CwRx QSL gr/nr=QSL $GRNR
F10=CwTx QSL ALL=I2WIJ
CR=CwRx CR=R
+=CwRx TU=TU
QRV=QRV?
CwTx TU=TU
The last two raws should be for sending qtc by DX
so don't care.

You can modify the keys as you want.
I modified F10 to send my call, when asking for QTCs
to some station already worked.
They usually say NO (hi) but most of the time
they ask CL?, so I send mine with F10.

You can "Validate" without sending anything
by changing the line corresponding to the + key
like this:

CwRx TU=

That will validate and send nothing!
Hope it is clear enough.

Warning: save a copy of WT.INI file before modifiing.
Make mods when WT in not running.

GL in WAE.

Ciao
Bob, I2WIJ