[WT-support] IARU quirks with 3.11

Dick Dievendorff dieven at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 23:05:22 CEST 2007

Downloaded and installed Juha's zip file from
http://www.kolumbus.fi/oh6xx/Temp/ITU.zip.  When I worked one of the HQ stations,
PJ2HQ, the zone field was filled in with "VERONA", which is what's in Juha's file.
PJ2HQ was sending something like "VRNA", and when I tried to overtype VERONA with what
was actually being sent, I was unable to do so.  The delete key didn't do anything,
the backspace key didn't remove characters.  I ended up logging "VRAAAA" which is
certainly wrong.

I think you ought to be able to edit this field in a fairly normal way.

Also, the "Delete QSO" function isn't particularly clear as to which QSO it's going to
delete. I clicked on a QSO in the log, then Edit-Delete QSO.  I was warned that the
deletion was permanent.  But what QSO did I delete?  The one I clicked on was still in
the log.  Did I lose my last QSO?

When I entered a callsign and pressed enter when running, I got a diagnostic saying
that the QSO wasn't valid and the cursor positioned to the exchange field.  I see why,
I should have used the tab key to get there.  But having gotten into this state, I
couldn't get the cursor back to the callsign to correct the call.  I had to press
CTRL-W to wipe out the QSO and then get the whole call from the station again.  I'd
have preferred not to be bound to the missing zone; I want to be able to tab or
backtab or mouseclick to the callsign field.  I get stuck in a very unpleasant state
in this circumstance.

Win-Test didn't get the frequency right for one of my QSOs right after a band change.
How do I change the band of a QSO after it's in the log?

I operated multi-single with one radio.  Is there any way to log a particular operator
in and out?  I'm thinking of the N1MM Ctrl-O function, where you enter the actual
operator's call and that ends up in the log so you can figure out who was operating at
any given time after the contest by staring at the log.

Other than that, it went pretty well.  Win-Test worked FB for me.  I sort of missed
using the Enter key to send parts of the exchange (habits I gained with other logging
programs), but quickly fell into a mode where I moved from F1 to the INS and keypad +
keys.  I'm going to be using a miniature keyboard before long, I hope I can find its +
key easily!  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to have the Enter key send CQ
when the callsign field is empty, to send the station's call and your exchange when
there is a call but no exchange logged, and have it send "TU K6KR" and log the QSO
when the exchange is sent?

73 de Dick, K6KR