[WT-support] CW Speed fluctuations

EA4TX - Pablo ea4tx at ea4tx.com
Sun Jul 15 19:14:14 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I know that it was asked, but I don't remember if it was already fixed.

I use a micro KEYER (microHAM) that includes a Winkey. During the IARU
Contest, sometimes the speed of the CW in increased during some exchanges,
and inmediately on the next transmision, the speed goes again to their
value.

As an example to clariry it, if the WT speed is 32, sometimes the next
message goes to 36 or so, and automatically on the next transmision is again
back to 32. During the contest, I modify the Setup so instead CW via WinKey
to CW via DTR and this problem was solved, so clearly the problem is located
on the WinKey feature... Someone could suggest me to use always this mode
(CW via DTR) but this generates another problem when the computer has the
CPU over loaded... so the CW is not stable.

Regards, Pablo - EA4TX