[WT-support] Internet 3G/GPRS

EA5BM Juan Luis ea5bm at ono.com
Sun Jan 21 23:20:04 CET 2007

Hi there boys

I am still playing with WT with the following results:

I have in my laptop a PCMCIA card to connect to Internet without ADSL, so I can be connected to internet anywere menwhile 3G or GPRS coberture exists.

In Spain we have 3G coberture in main cities but in field we have only GPRS.

If I connect with 3G technology the WTDXtelenet runs OK interfacing with WT main program, sending spots, annunces etc all OK, but If I am connect to internet through GPRS  system, the connection works but each line of the dx cluster  (each spot) have at the end of his line, a symbol like a control sintaxisl (depending of the font used), maybe a square, maybe double vertical strock etc.

The problem is that when this symbol appears, the interface between WDXtelent and WT does not work and no spots are added to multipliers windows, band map, etc.

Any solution?

Juan Luis, EA5BM