[WT-support] Additional CW Messages - lacking variables

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Jan 16 18:53:15 CET 2007

Hi again Jozef

FYI, I also fwd this answer to the WT support mailing. It can be useful
for its readers.

JMarsala at sk.uss.com a écrit :

> I still have one, short question ... can I use VARIABLES (e.g.
> $LOGGEDCALL) when writing "additional CW messages" ... I tried it and
> "additional CW messages" do not seem to work with variables ... TRX
> simply sends "LOGGEDCALL" instead ...
>
> "standard CW messages" work with same variables just fine ... is this
> how WT is written or am I making some kine of mistake?

The CW variables (beginning with $) only work within the std CW messages.

As I wrote before, the additional messages are intended for casual use
which do not require them. And, as you found it out, all $ char are
ignored when the additional messages are played.