[WT-support] DTB and SCP File Questions

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Jan 12 10:06:43 CET 2007

Hi Dave

Dave Zeph a écrit :

> 1) Is the ARRL-DX.DTB file at the Database Download site missing Power
> Information?  I don't see Powers when viewing the file with NOTEPAD.

Actually, we never found a database available with DX callsigns and
associated power for the ARRL DX contest. If you can provide one - free
to use - we can build it, and make it available.

> 2) Why does CQWW.SCP load, but neither ARRL.SCP, ARRL-DX.SCP, nor
> ARRL_DX.SCP load - only MASTER.SCP

If you're on the US/VE side, ARRL_DX_USVE.* (* stands for SCP or DTA or
DTB) will load. If you're on the DX side, ARRL_DX_DX.* (* stands for SCP
or DTA or DTB) will load.

I understand the naming convention is somewhat confusing, but we kept
these names which have been used in WT for a long time.

To be sure of the file names, read

http://download.win-test.com/files/checkPartial/%23_READ_ME_%23.TXT

where they are all listed.

> 3) Am I correct that Win-Test should load both the DTB and SCP Files?
>
> 3) Since the naming convention for the CQWW uses underscores (CQWW_SSB)
> wouldn't ARRL_DX_SSB be more consistent?

History compatibility - See the previous question.