[WT-support] DTB and SCP File Questions

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Fri Jan 12 05:04:29 CET 2007

I'm still confused about the roles of the DTB and SCP files.

1) My understanding is that the .DTB files support "Exchange Guessing".
However, the ARRL-DX.DTB file that I downloaded does not appear to contain
POWER information that would constitute the "Exchange Guessing" for the ARRL
DX Contest.

2) I believe the .SCP Files are supposed to support the Super Check Partial
function.  In the CQWW Contests I named K5ZD's SCP file   "CQWW.SCP"   ad I
saw it load.

3) However for the ARRL DX Contest, if I name the file ARRL.SCP, or
ARRL-DX.SCP or ARRL_DX.SCP, it is not loaded.  I must name the file
MASTER.SCP for it to load.

My questions are:

1) Is the ARRL-DX.DTB file at the Database Download site missing Power
Information?  I don't see Powers when viewing the file with NOTEPAD.

2) Why does CQWW.SCP load, but neither ARRL.SCP, ARRL-DX.SCP, nor
ARRL_DX.SCP load - only MASTER.SCP

3) Am I correct that Win-Test should load both the DTB and SCP Files?

3) Since the naming convention for the CQWW uses underscores (CQWW_SSB)
wouldn't ARRL_DX_SSB be more consistent?

Thanks and 73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX