[WT-support] MicroHam USB II and WT

Jozef Urban, OM7ZZ om7zz at microham.com
Mon Jan 8 18:04:45 CET 2007

Hi Csaba,

Noise means that the shield of USB cable acts like antenna. It can be a
result of unproper USB controller design of the USB trasceiver or poor
computer grounding. Check if your radio and computer are grounded each with
separate, thick ground wire to the central ground point of the shack.
Also additional ferrite will improve such situation. Three, four turns on
2.4" diameter toroid should helps.

73 Jozef