[WT-support] WT.INI - Information Request

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Tue Feb 20 23:16:38 CET 2007

I've noticed that some information in the WT.INI file apparently ends up
"imbedded" in the .WTB file after a new .WTB file is created.  Even though
Windows are moved to slightly different locations, SOME revert to their
original locations after a restart of the log.

If the log is closed, and the WT.INI POSITION Data changed, SOME Windows
revert to their original locations when the log is reopened.

The only sure way appears to have the Window Positions the way you want them
- and then create a new .WTB file from the WT.INI.

This isn't a problem as I know what to do.  What I would like to know is
what additional parameters I can pass via the WT.INI??  For example, it is
possible to include the following in the WT.INI to then be reflected in the
new .WTB???

1)     Name of the Contest

2)     Category

3)     Mode and Class

4)     Text of Customized Standard CW Messages

I am particularly interested in being able to specify Customized CW
Messages.  I know at one time I saw the text of one of the Standard CW
Messages we'd changed in the WT.INI.  However I forget the [Parameter Name]
that preceded it, and the Syntax.  It would be easier to include these in
the WT.INI rather than changing them in 12 PC's after-the-fact.

What I'd like to do is develop a Library of WT.INI "Templates" for each
Contest, Band, and Position Designation (RUN / MULT).

Could you share some of the additional capabilities of the WT.INI file to
Pass Setup information to the .WTB File??

Many thanks for all of the fixes and improvements before the ARRL DX.

73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX