[WT-support] CAPS LOCK and WINKEY

EA4TX - Pablo ea4tx at ea4tx.com
Tue Feb 20 23:13:24 CET 2007

During this last ARRL Contest, it was again a pleasure to play with WT
(V3.8.4).

I have detected a strange behavior on the CW rhythm when some Msg's was
played.... A part of the message was TX very slowly and some times with the
correct rhythm. I think this problem only happens when the following WINKEY
option:
"Independent speed between pot and computer" was disabled (not true).

When it was enabled, I think the speed is constant, without strange
behavior.

I think it could be the same problem reported by Braco - OE1EMS, but in my
case running microHAM Keyer and using the WinKey.

And I have forgot to ask before, why when the CAPS LOCK is ON, I cannot
write anything in the "QSO Entry line". In other words, when the CAPS LOCK
is ON, I cannot write any character at the callsign field or exchange report
field.... I suppose it must be something I have wrong at my setup (WT.INI),
but I have a standard config....
Is there any reason that when CAPS LOCK is ON, the QSO entry is jam?

Regards, Pablo - EA4TX