[WT-support] Serial number problem ?

Patrick Egloff pegloff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:56:33 CET 2007

Hi all,

This week-end we were qrv during the WPX RTTY contest, and guess what ? We
used WT !  :-))

Some notes :
1)- point calculation was wrong (already noted)
2)- 160m is not allowed in this contest but band window allows it (already
noted)
3)- we had a problem with the serial numbers. One operator alarmed me and
told me that the serial number sent were not the same as the qso number !
4)- we had several crashes, all when we tried to change a parameter in the
MMTTY window.  (don't know if this is hardware related, it's the first time
i used this PC with WT + MMTTY) Anyone else ?

We were multiop-single transmitter. I corrected the point (3) with the "Edit
serial number", but we already sent about 50 double serial numbers ....
I questioned all operators, none would have open this menu and/or could have
changed the serial number.
I can't affirm that this is a WT problem. I doubt... Maybe one operator
played with the menus and opened this edit serial window and did not
"intentionaly" change the serial number.

Strange enough, the first renumbered qso was exactly at 1200 UT !

Anyway, this "Edit serial number" function is VERY dangerous and is not safe
enough ! It should not be possible to enter a serial number that has already
been sent, at least not in single-op and single transmitter. I don't know if
there are rules and cases where this is possible. (separate band numbering)

In any case, an alert confirm window should be displayed to warn the
operator !

I could not reproduce that, but it happened to me several times when i
renumbered the wrong serials, that after entering a new number in the edit
serial window and pressing the Escape key, the number have been validated !
Was i drunk ?

73, Patrick.

--
Patrick Egloff - TK5EP