[WT-support] IC - 765 Radio Control

Matthias Jelen Matthias.Jelen at gmx.de
Thu Feb 1 22:09:49 CET 2007

Hi Olivier,

after testing the dev - version two days ago I wrote:

> Only one minor thing came up concerning mixed-mode contests:
> Imagine putting a SSB station in the bandmap by Control-Enter,
> switching to CW, working some stations and then jumping back to that
> SSB - station
> by clicking on it. In that case, the mode isn´t changed  back to SSB.

Please ignore this. I did some longer tests with IC-765 today and
couldn´t reproduce this issue. Here my results:

1. Bandmap is working fine. Clicking on Stations worked and entered by
Alt-Enter changes the radio to the correct mode.
2. If the mode is changed from SSB to CW,  always CW Wide is selected.
Would it be possible to remember the wide / narrow flag which is part of
the ICOM mode data? If not, I´d suggest to alter the standard to narrow,
because 500 Hz is more useful than 2.4 kHz most of the time.
3. Only the VFO A window is used (and yellow) . The VFO B window stays
grey and displays ----
4. If a split frequency is entered with -, this frequency is written to
the VFO B window. It is also sent to the TRX, but as the new RX
frequency in the active VFO. The radio is set to split mode.
5. Clicking the VFO B Window doesn´t change anything

Because I remembered that the VFO A / B and split mode worked better
before, I tested with some previous versions:

With WT 2.0.6 I found:

1. The VFOs can be toggled from the PC
2. Entering a split frequency works fine
3. Toggling the VFOs on the radio doesn´t change anything in WT

I´m afraid that 3. is an issue with the 765, because after changing
VFOs, the 765 sends the actual mode and frequency via the interface, but
no indication of the VFO actual used.

Please let me know if  I can help with further tests.

Thank you for your efforts,

Matthias, DK4YJ