[WT-support] Logged Frequency

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Dec 11 19:52:09 CET 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 5:31 AM, John Warburton G4IRN <qrz at dxdx.co.uk> wrote:

>  One of my colleagues at 3X5A noticed that WT records the Rx frequency
> when logging a contact.

Are you seeing this "Rx Frequency" in the ADIF file, the Cabrillo File, the
TXT file (select both "QSX Frequency" and "Frequency" under "Options"), or
all of the above?

> Is there any rationale behind that?
>
> We all thought that logging the Tx frequency would be better.

It probably would be, but when working split, does your radio report which
VFO is the transmit VFO?

Working split on an FT-1000MP, you would usually transmit on B (sub-VFO),
receive on A (main Rx), but you have the option of doing the reverse.  Is
the same true on a K3?

Unfortunately, looking quickly at the FT-1000MP status bytes, I couldn't
find any bit that indicates which VFO is set for transmit (maybe I missed
it).  This could be true of the K3, or it may just be a simple bug.  Another
thing to worry about would be QSK mode, which might affect the reported
frequency at any instant.

Perhaps Win-Test should always assume VFO B is the transmit frequency when
the rig is working split, otherwise use VFO A?