[WT-support] KC1XX turns down win-test

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Mon Dec 10 12:54:18 CET 2007

Hi Bob,

>> Olivier, could it be implemented like this:
>> Cntrl-Right/Alt-Right: set "semi focus" into the "BandMap" (if set to
>> "list")
>> and "Dx Spots"?
>> Now let me explain what I mean with "semi focus":
>> 1) the bandmap/spot window should change color - so that it is clear
>>   which window has focus
>> 2) all keys but "cursor up/down, page up/down, enter" return focus
>>   back to the normal qso edit line.
>
> I like the your #2 suggestion, except for the enter key.  I'd like to be
> able to scroll to a spot in one of the windows, hit the enter key (which
> does the QSY), and have the callsign populated in the re-focused QSO edit
> line.

upps, that exact was what I did mean: Enter should not return focus "directly"
back to the qso edit window (what that would mean to log the qso!), but instead
do the action required by the spot/bandmap window: select qrg, copy qso
to the edit line, and only AFTER that put the focus back to the edit line.

so if somebody presses cnrtl-right/alt-right: the new window gets the focus,
and if he is called on his run freq he just has to enter the callsign as
normale "letters" change the focus directly back.

> I believe CT only responds to the Escape key to "cancel-out" of the windows
> and get focus back to its QSO edit line.  I like the idea of being able to
> get focus back to the edit line by typing other keys.

yes, but ESC should work also.

Let's see what the programmes make out of these ideas.

73's de Werner DL4NER
--
Dipl.-Ing. Univ. Werner Maier
http://www.maiers.de/