[WT-support] Comment about Elecraft K3 and Wintest

Toby Deinhardt dj7mgq at muenchen-mail.de
Sun Dec 9 21:53:48 CET 2007

Hallo,

One nasty thing during the ARRL 10m Contest showed up. Sporadicly (once
every 5 minutes to two hours) WinTest had communications problems with
my K3. The K3 has the firmware versions MCU 01.45, DSP1 01.43 and DSP2
01.36 and the Win-Test version is 3.18.0. My computer is a MacBok Pro
using Boot Camp, Windows XP Professional (English) and the Elecraft USB
adapter.

Win-Test showed either fantasy frequencies or the band map window went
black when the communications problem popped up. This happened during TX
as well as RX, while tuning or not tuning, with one or two stop bits, at
various polling speeds and at various baud rates.

vy 73 de toby