[WT-support] Win-Test at KC1XX

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Dec 9 00:49:26 CET 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 3:07 PM, K1GQ <k1gq at mac.com> wrote:

> > What version of firmware are you running on these Orions?
>
> The latest on both Orion and Orion II. The serial port speed issue was
> an Orion II-only problem and is no longer an issue.

OK, one last test then:  try commanding frequency changes using CTWin (not
CT) on the same computer, using the same baud rate settings and the same
hardware connections.  If CTWin controls the radio perfectly, but Win-Test
does not, then I think you should definitely open a Win-Test bug report to
track this.

If CTWin also has a problem, then there could be a Windows conflict
somewhere with your serial port IRQs or handshaking.

Which reminds me, did you press the [Tentec Orion Default Settings] button
when configuring the COM port in Win-Test?  Pressing it sets the following
(not sure if this a problem or not):

57600,8,N,1
DTR (Pin4): Handshake
RTS (Pin7): Always ON

After doing that and exiting Win-Test, the MODE command returns:

C:\>mode com1:

Status for device COM1:
-----------------------
    Baud:            57600
    Parity:          None
    Data Bits:       8
    Stop Bits:       1
    Timeout:         ON
    XON/XOFF:        OFF
    CTS handshaking: OFF
    DSR handshaking: OFF
    DSR sensitivity: OFF
    DTR circuit:     HANDSHAKE
    RTS circuit:     ON

If that's what you are using, and it's a problem, maybe try "Always Off" for
both DTR and RTS.

If you've already tried all this and the result is always the same (CTWin
works fine, Win-Test does not), then it's a bug.

(Just another enthusiastic CT convert to Win-Test)