[WT-support] Various requests

Ed - GW3SQX g3sqx at edtaylor.org
Sun Dec 2 14:17:28 CET 2007

Correspondents have requested features for rig control which are currently not available in Win-test ($CLEARRIT is my favourite).  Some of them could be implemented by a method which I suggested a year or two ago.

Allow an F1, F2 (+additional messages) command such as $USERMACRO1, $USERMACRO2, etc.  These would take macros from a user-defined file called USERMACRO.xxx, which might be pre-loaded into Win-test memory, and look something like:

[1]
123,456,222,111
111,444,777,222
[2]
543,234,222,111
etc.

These are octal or hex commands which would be sent to the rig when the appropriate $-command is reached, and could do almost anything you want.  Of course, if you make a mistake, you could completely crash the rig, but it would be "at your own risk".

This would take the pressure off for rig-specific changes, allowing more general features, perhaps.  Of course, it would also be useful at the same time to be able to map user-defined keys (in "Redefine keyboard keys") to specific "additional messages" to make this even more general in application.

73,

Ed, GW3SQX