[WT-support] IMPORT function is too restrictive...

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Aug 23 13:32:42 CEST 2007

Hi

PO a écrit :

> Using WT vers 3.16 dev for SARTG... I tried to import a simple CAB file of
> MixW ...15 qso's , I had to change contest line SARTG with SARTG-RTTY.

The Cabrillo standard has very complete and detailed specifications. We
follow these specs with much respect as possible.

In this case, the SARTG Cabrillo description is very clear
(http://www.sartg.com/contest/wwcabril.htm) :

> CONTEST: contest-name
> The contest-name must be : SARTG-RTTY.

So, if you want WT to import correctly a SARTG Cabrillo file, the
CONTEST: tag must be correctly filled. *Please*, don't blame us if
another software do not follow this spec ;-)  Of course, you can edit
this line (like you did) to correct it.

> *** EVEN  WIN-TEST (USING SAME VER 3.16 dev and a SARTG_RTTY file
>     DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO IMPORT FROM ITS OWN CAB FILE and gives the same
> ERRORs.

It has been already fixed in our dvpt trunk, and the last nightly builds
are already functionnal on this matter.

Plese check with the current one, for example, if you want :

http://download.win-test.com/nightly/wt_dev.zip