[WT-support] Alternate CQ on SSB

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Aug 19 21:01:55 CEST 2007

Toni Lindén wrote:
> Feature request for SSB operating (might be bug repot as well...):
>
> If using Alternate CQ, the footswich will stay on "wrong band" when
> starting QSO.
>
> Now when CQ is played to one radio and I type a call from another
> radio, when CQ ends and I come back to the station called me,
> PTT with go to the band where CQ was played, not to the band
> where someone called me and where I should be coming back to him.
>
> So I have two options to get footswich on right radio:
> 1) Press * -key twice
> 2) Send empty DVK message (or any message) to get TX on right radio

What kind of SO2R interface have you got? I must confess that I don't
remember how it works with MK2R or EZMaster, and I don't have any of
them available at this time. Maybe someone else can confirm? Anyway, I
wonder if it is possible to manage this situation in a good way with
every SO2R boxes...

> Another thing, can´t activate latch mode. Latch mode is showed grey in drop
> down menu, in 2nd radio window and can´t be selected either with ALTGR + L.

This menu is enabled if the SO2R interface can understand "Latch Mode"
orders sent by the software, like the EZMaster. The MK2R of microHam
does handle this is a different way: use two different functions on the
MK2R, one with Latch Mode activated, and another one without. You can
then toggle these two headphones modes from the front panel of the MK2R
using the "Function" buttons. Please refer to the manual of your SO2R
interface for any other products.

Olivier / f5mzn