[WT-support] Version 3.15: SMARTCORRECT doesn't work right for callsigns signing portable

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Aug 16 08:35:07 CEST 2007

If you enter a callsign that contains a slash (/), Win-Test's "smart
correction" feature seems to get confused.  It will always send the full
callsign when you press [+], no matter how little you change.  In other
words, smart correct will send a lot more than you expect when there is a
portable designator and you correct the callsign.

Steps to reproduce:

   1. Options, CW, Correction, Smart correction is checked (or just type
   SMARTCORRECT)
   2. Press Shift-+ and program PLUS to be:  $CORRECT TU $CR
   3. Enter N2IK/5 and press Insert
   4. Change it to N2IC/5 and press +
   5. Bug:  WT sends the full call "N2IC/5 TU" instead of just "IC TU"
   6. Enter N2IC/6 and press Insert
   7. Change it to N2IC/5 and press +
   8. Bug:  WT sends "N2IC/5 TU" instead of just "/5 TU"
   9. Enter W2IC/5 and press Insert
   10. Change it to N2IC/5 and press +
   11. Bug:  WT sends "N2IC/5 TU" instead of just "N2 TU"

Without the portable designator (/), SMARTCORRECT works perfectly, only
sending the prefix or suffix as required.  But when there's a portable, it
doesn't.  Imagine hitting [+] after finally pulling out a long and difficult
callsign like HS0/IK4MRH. :-)

I reported this bug in a private email a few weeks ago when I was beta
testing a development version.  I thought I should post it to the reflector
so that others will be aware of it when operating.