[WT-support] WT, MK2R and the SWAP command

Nick Lekic ve3ey at rogers.com
Tue Aug 14 16:43:36 CEST 2007

Hi Jim

If you are using MK2R(+), make sure you launch USB Device Router first before starting Win-Test.   If the router is not running , upon startup, Win-Test will be unable to find the virtual COM ports and it will clear its interface configuration info.  Even if you close and restart the Device router and Win-Test in proper order, you will still have to configure Win-Test interfaces manually.

It happened few times to me during the contest preparation.  It is major PITA to re-enter all the configuration info in Win-Test due to large number of virtual Com ports used for SO2R given the flexibility of MK2R+.

I kept the screenshoots of my Win-Test configuration into a Word document.  It does come handy when I forget to start things in right order.   Hopefully there is a easier solution for this.

73, Nick
ve3ey