[WT-support] Newbie question about Sequential Serials

Wolfgang -DK9VZ- ws at dk9vz.com
Tue Aug 14 13:39:06 CEST 2007

Hi

we did install Win-Test right before the start of the WAE-CW-Test last Friday night.
The QTC-Handling ist very good and was the reason to use it now also for other contests.
If it is of interest for you, it did replace Writelog

I´m not sure if it is a bug, what I´m, asking

We worked in a Multi/Single environment on three notebooks, 2 notebooks for logging
one for the connection to a DX-Cluster via mobile phone.
When one station did send a report and the other station did save a qso, then the
sequential serial was counted up on the station that already sent out the report.

It seems that Wintest does not lock the sequential serial after it was sent out?

In my view this is a bug, because it leads to several wrong sequentials sent in my log.
But I found the problem reported in the WT-Wiki (Multi-OP/Issues/Sequential serials)
There it is reported as a known problem and there is a possibility given how to solve it;
but that should only be a problem solve for one contest, please not forever .....

Will that problem be solved in the near future?

73 de
Wolfgang DK9VZ