[WT-support] WT 3.15: Notes file (.NOT) never written to disk? All notes lost?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Aug 13 08:24:04 CEST 2007

Did anyone else lose their Notes file in WAE or is it just me?

I made some notes with [Alt-N] during the WAE contest.  All notes seem to be
gone.  The file is just not there.  I never had any trouble creating Notes
files before, with other contest types.

This problem is easy to for me to reproduce, but only on the one PC in the
shack:  Windows 2000, with CAT connected, with wtDxTelnet automatically
connecting, and HamCAP installed and configured.

The other PC (Windows XP, without CAT, or any of the other extras), has no
problems creating notes files.

Maybe there is some limit on the number of open files that I am hitting?

Here's what I do:

   1. WT 3.15 under Windows 2000
   2. File, New, Name:  WAETEMP, Type:  WAE DX Contest
   3. Choose a U.S. operating location:
      - Locator:  CM97CF; DXCC Prefix: W; WAZ Zone: 3; ITU Zone: 6;
      State: CA (this may not matter)
   4. HamCAP and wtDxTelnet are configured, connecting to the DXSpider
   cluster automatically.
   5. Press [Alt-N]
   6. Type some text, press [Enter]
   7. Press [Alt-N] again, enter some more text, this time click the
   [Write] button
   8. QUIT
   9. Bug:  WAETEMP.NOT is not created.  All notes seem to be permanently
   lost.