[WT-support] Feature request for partner window

f6ify at free.fr f6ify at free.fr
Fri Aug 10 18:30:20 CEST 2007

Quoting Toni Lindén <oh2ua at oh2u.com>:

> Feature request for partner window:
>
> I talked with some friends yesterday about previous IOTA operation
> and they had a great feature request for partner window:
>
> Now if you have a callsigns in partner window, is´t not that easy to send TU
> message and continue with next station without having a small break in
> TX so that stations will start to call you again.
>
> So would it be possible that to have such a functionality that if you have
> QSO going on and you´d like to continue with some other station in partner
> window, picking up a station with ALT + NR would log the previous QSO, send
> short TU message (like TU or EE) and continue imidiately with that next
> station
> sending his call and exchange?
>
> If the callsing field would be empty, picking up the station from partner
> window
> would work just like it is working right now.
>
> 73 de Toni, OH2UA
Hi,

   This feature would also be very usefull in RTTY:
In radio RTTY window you often have two callsigns (or more) highlighted.
I think than a new $PREVIOUSLOGGEDCALL variable could do the job. This variable
hold the QSO previously logged if and only if there is a new call in the current
line of the call field, here the procedure in RTTY:
- you hit silently enter to log the QSO
- you grab the new call from RTTY window or partner window
- you hit F7 with
in rtty
$PREVIOUSLOGGEDCALL TU NOW $LOGGEDCALL $GUESSEXCH $F2
or in CW:
$PREVIOUSCORRECT TU NW $LOGGEDCALL $GUESSEXCH $F2 (ok need two new variables)
- ...
F7 will replace the insert key in this case

73 Philippe - F6IFY