[WT-support] IOTA

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Fri Aug 10 16:12:33 CEST 2007

Hi all,
Used wintest in the IOTA contest and it was great :)
One difficulty we had was that the mult station would call and work the
occasional mult.  No problem, the machines were networked of course.
However, it was sometimes difficult to get the mult and we had to call
several times.  When we did get it, we sometimes had to repeat details.
The difficulty came when trying to give out a serial.  Unless you grab
the call and log the field, I don't see any way of making sure that the
number you give out will be correct as the main station was running
quickly.  This meant by the time you logged the contact, the serial
could change.  Is there a better way of doing this or could something be
done to improve it?

73 Ian

--
Ian J Maude G0VGS