[WT-support] Practice for WAE CW

f6ify f6ify at free.fr
Wed Aug 8 22:58:12 CEST 2007

David H. Walker a écrit :
> I have done some practicing with the WAE CW. Some questions.
> 1...What do the
> colors in the QTC file represent? I get a yellow, Green and a white.
>2.
> Which click is best for sending one QTC at a time? Is the QTC file normally
> sent at a slower CW speed? After my practice other then the log file which
> other files need to be deleted or are they overwritten when I start a new
> log?
>
> 73
>
> David

Hi David and list,

    There is a specific wiki page for the WAEDC see:
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/WAEDC

1 - From memory:
- yellow color is the next QTC to send
- Green is all the QTC you have to send
- Red: you can't send more QTC than 10 in total, so probably you sent a
first group of QTC to the station
ex.: 12h38: you sent 3 QTCs to F5MZN (because you have only three to send)
      14h44: F5MZN call you and ask QTC? you hit CTR+L and see only 7.
             if you enter 7 you have the last three slots in red, and
seven in green.
Do not forget to send all your QTCs before the end of the contest, a
perfect dx station score would be N QSOs and N-1 QTCs.

2 - About the speed, here my feeling:
I hope EU ops will use "QRQ" or "QRS" messages, it is important to be
"comfortable" receiving/keyboard_typing capacities are very different.
Patience is a great quality of CW ops! fast is good but no refill is
better (and faster)! and your QTC must be 100% received if the op wants
the point for it.

CU during the WAE.
73 Philippe - F6IFY ... QTC? ;-)