[WT-support] Entering a frequency switches FT-1000MP to CW/USB?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Aug 4 00:46:11 CEST 2007

I prefer to keep my FT-1000MPs listening on the "LSB" version of CW (CW/L or
CW/LSB).  I'm just used to that tuning direction.

If I enter a frequency in Win-Test, e.g. 14040 [Enter], VFO A moves to
14040.0, but the CW mode always changes from CW/LSB to CW/USB (CW/U).  I
think the same thing happens if you press Alt-F1 or Alt-F2 to change bands.

I found some posts about CW/L vs. CW/U from last year, but I couldn't find a
solution to this particular issue.

Is this a bug in Win-Test, or a limitation of the CAT interface?  I've
noticed that CT software does the same thing (switches the rig to CW/USB
whenever you enter a frequency in the callsign field).