[WT-support] QSK CW - PTT

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Thu Aug 2 13:17:09 CEST 2007

Larry Schimelpfenig a écrit :
> I like using QSK for my low power cw contesting from the home qth. In
> Win-Test when I select cw using the parallel port, it is tied to selecting
> PTT on the parallel port as well. There appears to be no way of selecting
> one but not the other. The problem of course is when I use function keys on
> the computer to send cw, PTT is asserted as well, so no QSK. Short of
> putting a switch in the parallel cable is there any way to defeat PTT when
> operating CW?
>
> I'm using a DXDoubler SO2R box with an IC756PROII and an IC746. For rtty I'm
> asserting PTT and FSK from a pair of serial ports and I believe I could
> specify those serial ports in the WT configuration to obtain PTT for SSB,
> but I still have the problem of CW being tied to PTT with the parallel
> cable.
>
> Has anyone else dealt with the problem? I suppose I could ask the WT folks
> to separate CW and PTT, but there may well be a solution that wouldn't
> require that.
>
> I've been busy rebuilding the station so I can do SO2R on CW/RTTY/SSB
> without having to move any cables around and such. This is the only
> remaining issue, and it's sure sweet to be able to sit down and do a contest
> without having to rewire things!

Hi Larry,

It is not possible for the moment to separate the PTT outputs according
to the mode. To be honest, this would require a huge development (and
possible side effects) because PTT can be managed in many different ways
(LPT, COM, through an SO2R Interface via specific protocols). It is
important to know that SO2R scenarios are using massively the PTT
signals to stay in sync with the moment of the QSO.

If you're not taking part to a multimode contest, the best way is
probably to enable/disable PTT in the Interface Configuration window. I
understand that it is not the most convenient way to deal with but for
now this is the best suggestion I can do! :)

I will consider implementing this later when all remaining bugs with
interfaces will be fixed (I don't want to modify anything before that
but for bugfixing).

Thanks for your support in WT,

Olivier / f5mzn