[WT-support] Win-Test 3.3.5 in WWDX RTTY

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Sep 26 12:20:49 CEST 2006

Hi Ben

Tnx for your very complete report.

Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI a écrit :

> 4) The worked states window dows not update when changing bands.

Fixed in the dvpt trunk. Actually, it worked when you were changing band
by entering it the callsign field (or the new freq), but not with
Alt-F1/F2...

> 5) When grabbing a callsign from the RX window and then grabbing
> another callsign from there, the guessed zone/state is not updated
> properly for the second grab. Example (imagine you have a little
> pile-up): First grab is K0RF; let's assume you have worked the station
> on another band before, so WT will fill in zone 04 and CO as a state.
> Then, without making QSO with K0RF, you grab F6FVY (who presumably
> is also calling and you wish to make that QSO before K0RF). Now F6FVY
> is in the QSO entry line, but still with zones 04 and state CO.

Also fixed in the dvpt trunk. Nevertheless, one note abt that : If you
grab K0IR, the 04 and CO will be filled automatically in the appropriate
fields. But if you manually *modify* one these fields before grabbing
F6FVY, the modified field(s) will remain. It is not specific to the RTTY
mode, but it also applies to the other modes/contests. It makes sense,
as you could have miscopied the callsign, and update the exchange(s)
before updating the callsign.

> 6) Feature request: We would like to propose the following change.
> a) single-clicking a callsign in the RTTY RX window: copy the callsign
> to the QSO entry line.
> b) double-clicking: same as (a) plus emulate pressing of the [INS]
> key so that the QSO is initiated right away.

If such a feature were implemented, we could also think abt clearing the
QSO line (for the b) option) to avoid the behaviour described above if
the fields weren't empty. The double-click would then act like a "grab
spot" from the bandmap (or Alt-A) does.