[WT-support] QSX test results

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Fri Sep 22 01:15:00 CEST 2006

N8OA and I tested the various SPLIT Options with both IC-781 and IC-7800 at
K3LR’s QTH.  We observed the same problems with BOTH.

1)Win-Test correctly accepts Spots with a QSX Frequency, places the Frequencies
into the correct VFO, and places the XCVR’s into SPLIT Mode

2)ALT-F3 causes SIMPLEX Spots to formatted correctly

3)However withSPLIT SPOTS, pressing ALT-F3 results in the VFO-B Frequency being
used for BOTH Frequencies.

Example:          VFO-A on 14200.0, VFO-B on 14250.0, XCVR in SPLIT Mode – if
the operator presses ALT-F3, this is the result: DX F6FVY 14250.0 QSX 14.250.0

4)Entering SPLIT SPOTS into the BandMap with CONTROLàENTER does not work
properly.

Example:          VFO-A on 14200.0, VFO-B on 14250.0, XCVR in SPLIT Mode,
CONTROLàENTER is Pressed

                        SPOT is entered into the BandMap prefaced with a TILDE
(“~”)

                        If the operator subsequently Double-clicks on this Spot
in either the BandMap or Announcement Windows

a)Both VFO’s are incorrectly set to the VFO-B Frequency

b)The XCVR is correctly placed in SPLIT Mode

c)This happens regardless of whether the XCVR is initially in either SIMPLEX or
SPLIT Mode

5)When either the IC-781 and IC-7800 are placed into SPLIT Mode by manually
pressing the Front Panel SPLIT Button, the the BandMap does not switch to
indicate SPLIT Mode nor display the B-VFO Frequency.  A SPLIT must be entered
via the MINUS Key for the BandMap to properly indicate SPLIT Mode and Display
the SPLIT Frequency.

Wish-List items:

1)We’d like the OPTION of LIMITING the Display of Spots in the BandMap
to MULTIPLIERS ONLY.  This option is available for LIST Mode, and in the
ANNOUCEMENTS Window, but not in BandMap Display Mode.

2)Something I personally would appreciate is in the VHF Contest allowing display
of DISTANCE in either Kilometers or MILES.

73 -à Dave, W9ZRX