[WT-support] Serial numbers in multi/multi SAC-contest

Kenth Johansson sm6dyk at telia.com
Sun Sep 17 17:42:04 CEST 2006

We in SK6M contest team worked the SAC CW contest in multi-multi class this weekend. We thought that we should get separate serial numbers for each band when we choosed multi/multi in the setup window but that was false. We got the same serial row for all bands and began to run into a disaster when the program sent a number and logged another serial number due to the fact that another operator in the network hit the logging + command first. We had to stop the contest and disconnected the ethernet network so each PC became stand alone. That way we loosed all info, mult checks, rate and so on.

We read the manual up and down and could not find any info about separate series for each band in multi multi.

What was wrong in our first setup?? N6TR DOS programme which we have used before could easy run separate serial numbers for each band for multi/multi in the network. The reason for us to change program was that we wanted Windows instead of the complicated DOS setup program.

Kenth
sm6dyk