[WT-support] Soundcard voice keyer

Peter pc2a at pi4cc.nl
Wed Oct 25 19:13:29 CEST 2006

Hi

Just puzzling how use the sound card as voice keyer. I have looked at
the docs pages but I can't figure out how to make voice meassage
Can some one point me how to do this?

 From the quickstart link
http://www.win-test.com/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=1630 :

*Automatic Voice-Keyer :*

Win-Test can also send calls in phone modes, using your PC soundcard via
an audio interface (PC/transceiver).
And there is a drawing for a interface and thats all the info I see

At http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/SO1R/CW_Voice_Keyer I found:

To utilize your computer's sound device, you will need hardware to
connect the audio output to the AF input of your radio. Additionally,
you will have to connect the microphone to the audio input of your sound
card and/or alternatively to the AF input of your radio. Some prefer to
use a switch to route the audio to the sound card or to the radio. Also
you will need a PTT signal so that your transmitter gets keyed when the
message starts.

It is essential to accept that you will not be able to live with
pre-recorded messages. You will definitely want to change voice messages
on the fly, durig the contest.

Peter
PC2A