[WT-support] After CQWW CW

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com
Wed Nov 29 21:58:58 CET 2006

Thank you very much Larry for taking the time to comment!

My comments/answers by numbers:

1. AUTOSEND is a great tool that already works very well. I look forward to Olivier's comments to those issues.

2. Thanks and I still see a lot of CTRL-... combinations free for shortcuts.

4. "Honestly, I don't see the difference between a cluster spot and an op-entered spot regarding its lifetime ? Can you elaborate please ?"

Well, with cluster you cannot increase the lifetime of the spots to more than 20-30 min as you will be overflooded with them. In SO2R you can S&P through the band and record all the maybe ca 30 stations and you are happy to have them in the bandmap for more than one hour as when you return for next S&P round many of the beacon single band stations are still sitting on the same frequencies and you don't have to wait for their calls again or at least you don't have to type the call in again. If your bandmap is not overcrowded it is always good to have rather more than less stations in there.

6. As a quick solution to lacking messages problem maybe just a few shortcuts as I described to Additional messages. For example from CTRL F4 to CTRL F8 - those are free! I hope adding shortcuts would not break the code or have unwanted side effects?

13. I mean CTRL-F9, where Copy as Text from Continents sheet gives you only precentages. Absolute QSO numbers would be nice. Ohterwise statistics is small issue of course.

73
Tonno
ES5TV