[WT-support] After CQWW CW

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Wed Nov 29 07:16:44 CET 2006

Hi Larry,

>> 3. Option to fill the callsign field automatically when tuning on station
> in the bandmap. It is not easy to follow the bandmap and see what spot turns
> yellow and in many cases you do double job and copy the call although it is
> in the bandmap. We have discussed this but I don't remember if it was possible.
> Please comment. Would be very useful in SO2R when you go through the same band
> again and again and copy the same stations.
>
> Not sure it could be implmented without implementing the S&P vs RUN operating
> mode. It thus requires much work to avoid any unwanted side effects.

maybe implementing two commands and menus options like

AUTOMAP  (toggles tuning -> fills calls when tuned to call on bandmap
          in +-(bandwidth), where Bandwidth should be customizable,
          as it might be needed different in CW and SSB
MAPCALLSONSPACE (toggles autofilling the bandmap when pressing space
                 instead of CNTRL-ENTER)

>> 4. Maximum Spots Life Time in Bandmap is 60 minutes. Please increase
> this.

sometimes it might be useful to have longer time, whereas in most
cases 60min is sufficient or even too long.

maybe with "map calls on space" as above it would be very easy
with little keypresses to "renew" the "heard" calls, and then 60min
should be sufficient?

> (SH5 for example). I personaly don't intend to bloat too much WT with numerous
> post-contest features.

good point.

Werner.
--